Sunday, July 24, 2011

Getting Better!

Oh man, it's been another rough week but luckily I got to stay home with my Daddy and Grammies almost all week which was awesome! I had tubes put in both ears on Monday and did really well. I got to go home pretty soon after the surgery and then I spent time cuddling with Mommy before she went to work and then got to cuddle with Daddy the rest of the day. On Tuesday, I got to go to school but had to go home because I had a fever of 102 and was being fussy. When Daddy picked me up, he got pretty scared because I was panting and just acting listless and not really interested in anything. My parents were worried I was having some reaction to the tube surgery and had never seen me look so weak and non-responsive. Usually when I'm sick, I'm still happy and want to play but I just didn't want to have anything to do with anyone. So Daddy and Mommy took me straight to the emergency room where I got x-rays, had blood drawn from my hand, got an enema, got my snot suctioned with a high-power snot machine and then got a couple of breathing treatments. Turned out I had a virus and the doctor thought I had severe constipation which was pushing my tummy out and she said was making it hard for me to breathe which made me pant or wheeze. She also said if I have another wheezing episode, they'd classify me as asthmatic which my parents really don't want but since Daddy has asthma pretty bad, my chances aren't good! On Wednesday I went to Grammy J's and had fun playing with her but I got a fever in the afternoon just like the day before and my breathing was still wheezy even after my breathing treatments so Mommy and Grammy took me in for my follow-up appointment with my normal pediatrician. She gave me another type of breathing treatment and then said with as sick as I've been the last two and a half months that if I get sick at school next week then she'd take me out of the school and get a nanny or put me in a daycare at someone's house where there are only a couple of kids. Me, Mommy and Daddy do not want this at all so we're all crossing our fingers that this week goes smoothly. On Thursday I went to Grandma Carols and got to see Chloe and Cooper and had so much fun but I got a fever again in the afternoon after lunch :( I got to go to Grammy J's again on Friday and finally didn't have a fever after lunch!! I've been fever free ever since and am feeling much better--still coughing like crazy but the doctor said that could last a while... SO, I'm ready for a new week and ready to start feeling great again!

Here I am getting a breathing treatment at the doctor which I did not like AT ALL...

I got to see my cousin Seth Saturday and we watched him go swimming. I couldn't go because my parents are too afraid I'll get sick...bummer for me... 

My Grandma Carol got me a new highchair for her house which I love! Daddy thought I looked pretty cute with his sunglasses on while I was ready to eat. He has skewed priorities!


Mommy started selling 31 Gifts and she needed to take pictures for her blog of the new stuff she got. I offered to help spice up the pictures :)

No comments:

Post a Comment